This painting of the brewing process by local Ballarat artist, Theo Hartman, was commissioned by John in 2005. We think he hangs it on the wall of the brewery to remind him what to do next!
At Rebellion Brewery, we use adaptations of traditional brewing methods shown below:
- Mashing the grains with water and using our unique mash filter to extract the wort solution
- The boiling of the wort with bittering hops and then aroma hops at the end
- Cooling the wort
- Adding yeast to ferment the wort sugars into alcohol
- Conditioning the beer at -2C to settle out the yeast and suspended hop particles
- Filtering the beer to remove the remaining yeast and hop particles
- Carbonating the beer
- Bottling, pasteurising and packaging the beer
- Then it’s over to you to chill and enjoy. Cheers!