- 2 Large fillets of fish (bream, snapper or flathead)
- 3/4 cup O'Brien Pale Ale
- 3/4 cup Rice flour
- 1 tspn Sea salt
- 1/2 tspn Cayenne pepper
- 1 tspn Garlic powder
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- 5 Small potatoes
- 3 Rosemary sprigs
- Sea salt
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius.
- Peel potatoes and chop into 1cm thick chips.
- Arrange chips on a backing tray and season with salt, pepper and olive oil. Place in the oven until golden and crispy for approximately 20 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk O'Brien Pale Ale with the rice flour. Add salt, garlic powder, cayenne and mix.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a saucepan until hot enough to fry. You can test this by dropping a little bit of the batter into the oil - if it sizzles away delightfully then it is ready to go.
- Dunk the fish into the O'Brien Pale Ale Beer Batter, coating it completely.
- Deep fry the fish in the oil, turning once until golden brown - approximately 2-3 minutes each side.
- Plate up fish with chips and season with salt and lemon juice to taste. Enjoy with a cold O'Brien Pale Ale!