- 3 Handfuls of shredded purple cabbage
- .5 Chopped red onion
- .5 cup Freshly chopped corriander
- 1.5 tspn Olive oil (extra virgin)
- .5 tspn Salt
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Tomato
- Juice of half a lime
- 3/4 cup Mayonaise
- 2 tbsn Lime juice
- 2 Chipotle chillies in adobo sause (can)
- 1 clove Garlic roughly chopped
- 1 cup Gluten free plain flour
- 1 cup O'Brien Beer Pale Ale
- 1 pinch Salt and pepper to taste
Fish & Tortillas
- 2 Skinless Basa Fillets (or any other white fish) cut into rough 2cm x 10cm strips
- Olive oil (extra virgin) for frying
- Gluten free torillas
- Roughly chop the cabbage and toss with apple cider vinegar and extra virgin olive oil in a small bowl and set aside. Dice the red onion, tomato and avocado and combine with lime juice and salt in abowl to make avocado pico de gallo. Mix together and set aside.
- Combine the mayonnaise, lime juice, chipotle chillies and garlic into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Mix the flour, salt and pepper together into a medium bowl and gradually add the beer, whisking the batter and making sure it is smooth and doesn’t have any lumps. Set aside.
- In a medium sized pan, add enough oil to reach a depth of half the fillet. Heat the oil on a medium-high heat (you’ll know it’s hot enough if the fish sizzles when placed in the pan).
- In a small pan, toast the tortillas over a low-medium heat until warm. Set aside.
- Dip the fish strips in the beer batter and coat on both sides. Make sure you let the excess batter drip off, then place the fish into the oil until it reaches a golden-brown colour and has cooked on each side for around 2 minutes. Once cooked, transfer to a plate which has been lined with a paper towel to soak up any excess oil.
- Spread your preferred amount of chipotle mayo onto the tortilla, add the beer battered fish, cabbage, avocado pico de gallo and coriander on top.