- 1 cup Golden syrup
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 142 grams Butter
- 1 cup O'Brien Brown Ale
- 2 tspn Ground ginger
- 2 tspn Ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tspn Ground cloves
- 2 cups Gluten-free all purpose flour
- 2 tspns Baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups Sour cream
- 2 Eggs
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees celsius.
- Line a cake tin with with baking paper and grease.
- Put the butter, syrup, dark brown sugar, O'Brien Brown Ale, ginger, cinnamon and ground cloves into a pan and melt over a low heat.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the flour and baking soda, getting rid of any lumps.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the sour cream and eggs, then combine that with the cake mixture until you have a smooth batter.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared cake tin and bake for 45 mins or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool before removing from the tin. Dust the cake with icing sugar for a snowy effect.