- 1 kg Beef chuck steak, diced
- 2 Brown onions, sliced
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Flour, gluten free
- 200 ml O'Brien Stout
- 1 cup Beef stock, gluten-free
- 2 sheets Puff pastry, gluten-free, ready rolled
- 1 Egg yolk, beaten
- Brown diced chuck steak in hot oil and set aside.
- In a medium frypan, heat oil and cook onions 3-4 mins. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1-2 minutes, until golden.
- Sprinkle in gluten free flour and mix in.
- Add the meat and juices to the onions and add O'Briens Stout, and beef stock. Season with salt andpepper. Bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 2 hours until tenderand the sauce has thickened.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Spoon the beef mixture into four oven proof ramekins.
- Cut out 4 circles of gluten-free, ready-rolled puff pastry to cover the ramekins. Press firmly onto the ramekins and seal. Brush pastry with egg yolk.
- Bake for 25 minutes.